Integral-joint tubing is used
- as drill pipes for running and cementing of liners;
- for installation of cement plugs and drilling in unstable formations.
Integral-joint tubing are made with externally and internally upset tips for threading and can be easily drilled out by the rock drilling bit.
NON-magnetic drill collars
Non-magnetic integral-joint drill collars are used:
- as non-magnetic housings and pipes for downhole telemetric system
- for geophysical surveys inside the drill column with regards to non-magnetic properties of the alloys.
heavy light-alloy tubing WITH INTERNAL END PROTECTOR
Heavy light-alloy tubing with internal end protector is used:
- as intermediary element of BHA to vary the rigidity from frill collars to heavy light-alloy tubing with internal end protector;
- as the damper of longitudinal vibrations with regards to aluminum alloy capacity to absorb and disseminate the elastic vibration energy.
Read more: Special-Purpose Tubing